Namaste! to you all beautiful beings out there.
I get this question a lot and one that is conflicted too. Whether or not Breakfast is the most important meal of the day? I won’t put you guys in puzzles, and I’m going to give you the straight answer.
YES! It indeed is.
Breakfast and I underline it, you know I might even highlight it; Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Now, in this article, I’m going to share with you, how sometimes skipping the Breakfast can be right for you. Don’t worry, you didn’t misread nor did I made a typo error.
So I’m going to share how sometimes skipping Breakfast can be right for you and if you are eating breakfast (as being the most important meal of the day), what precisely that meal should consist of to make it the healthiest overall meal of the day.
Now jumping from my habit of big intros lets jump into why Breakfast is so critical?
Make an assumption here, let’s suppose if you had your dinner at 7 and you are waking at like 8 in the morning, there it is guys, you are waking up like 11 hours later (nearly half of your day). Your body needs fuel after this long time to repair, heal and for energy throughout the day. And that only reason breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it gets your entire day started and your body needs those nutrients.
Now when you are creating this super healthy meal for breakfast, you can create
- Super healthy fruit power smoothie
- Omelet with goat cheese and veggies
- Sprouted oatmeal
- Almond Butter Banana Toast with Chia Seeds
- Quinoa Fruit Salad
- Almond Butter and Banana Smoothie
- Sweet Potato & Bean Burrito
- Overnight Oats
These are some of the options you can choose from for the healthiest breakfast. To check out the recipes for these meals is in my another article. Here’s the link to the article: “Will be updated soon!”
Now let’s come to the point when I said sometimes skipping breakfast can be healthy. There is a trend out there called Intermittent fasting. In Intermittent fasting, you skip the Breakfast, and yes it is healthy to jump sometimes but indeed is not healthy to do daily. Skipping Breakfast on regular periods can be beneficial in the sense that it can allow your body to rest and recover.
You know this article would be incomplete if I leave it here and not tell you the advantages of Intermittent Fasting, how to do it and most importantly who should do it. And some essential foods that you should be following when doing intermittent fasting.
- Typically in Intermittent Fasting, you want to eat in 4 hours to a maximum of 8 hours of the window. Now, I see people making this mistake; They eat firstly in the morning when they wake up and snack up till to the time of bed, and that rounds up to 16 – 18 hours a day of eating or at least 12. So, mainly what happens here is that your body is always digesting or processing and doesn’t have much of the rest period for cleansing, detoxification or internal healing.
Here are some of the benefits of Intermittent Fasting:
- Promotes HGH: As you age your HGH declines and many men suffer from low testosterone levels, and Intermittent fasting is by far the best way to boost your testosterone levels. Also, if you are working out on an empty stomach (first thing in the morning), raise your HGH more than 1000%. It is the best combo you will find, Intermittent Fasting + Heavy Weight-Training = Best way to stay YOUNGER.
- Anti-aging: Intermittent fasting does wonder for your hormones. It balances out HGH, cortisol, insulin and other hormones of the body which results in you being younger, vibrant and good-looking.
- Normalizes INSULIN Sensitivity: This is huge. People who have diabetes have insulin spikes, and Intermittent fasting helps to normalize those spikes. Plus insulin has to do with weight gain and other effects other hormones like estrogen.
- Detoxification: It is straightforward to understand. Food doesn’t heal you. Your body heals itself. So the when you are giving your body enough time to recover, it cleanses your liver, colon, lungs, kidneys. Food is there to support your organs to function.
- Weight Loss: There is no reason to question this. Intermittent fasting promotes weight loss because you are eating fewer calories, you are giving your body enough time to heal and cleanse. Plus if you combine Intermittent Fasting with Ketogenic diet, it will do wonders for you in a little period of 30 – 90 days.
And, now coming to the question, Who Should Do It? The answer is anyone who is looking for these benefits should do Intermittent Fasting.
Now, the last question, How to Do It?
There is no rocket science in it. Follow these steps:
- Keep the eating window for around 6 hours. So start by maybe noon or 1 pm till 6 in the evening. Don’t eat the rest of the time of the day. Of course, drink a lot of fluids during that time of the day, and by fluid I mean water.
- Eat a diet that is high in protein, fiber, healthy fats and lots of nutrients from herbs like turmeric. I have written a whole article on turmeric, and how it is a superfood, you should check it out.
Listen, guys, for the first three days or so you will have the cravings but those cravings will go, and you will get many benefits from the intermittent fasting.
At last, Is Breakfast boon or bane? The answer is the way you want it to act.
So guys, Eat Healthily. Eat Smart. And always keep growing stronger.
See you next time.